Terms & Conditions
NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER
THIS INFORMATION IS MADE AVAILABLE AS A FREE PUBLIC SERVICE, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS:
1. ACCURACY AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICE. The State makes no guarantee of the completeness or accuracy of any information provided. It makes no promise or warranty to maintain or update this public service or information contained and made available to the public. The State may suspend or discontinue this service at any time, or it may elect to charge a fee for access or use. The user assumes the risk of verifying any materials used or relied on.
2. NO WARRANTIES. The State disclaims any express or implied warranty in providing for public use its computer system and any materials, information, graphics, products, or processes contained therein. It makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any responsibility in the use of this service or its contents for its accuracy, completeness, currency, its use for any general of particular purpose, nor that such items or use of such items would not violate or infringe rights of others. This service is provided on a strictly “as is” basis.
3. EXTERNAL LINKS; PERSONAL OPINIONS. State computer resources and materials may contain hypertext or other links to Internet of computer sites, not owned or controlled by the State, that may be of interest. Links to other computer systems are not supervised nor regularly reviewed by the State. Any information, endorsements of products or services, materials or personal opinions appearing on such external sites are not controlled, sponsored not approved by the State. The State specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site, or for personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, whether or not operated by the State, established for the purpose of permitting free exchange of personal opinions or a “town hall” discussion.
4. COPYRIGHT LIMITATIONS. The State has made the content of these pages available to the public and anyone may view, copy or distribute information found here without obligation to the State, unless otherwise stated on particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use may apply. However, the State makes no warranty that materials contained herein are free of Copyright claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display.
5. ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF USE. A user of the State’s computer system for information made available for public use assumes the risk of use or reliance on such information. Neither the State, its employees or agents shall be liable for any damages for viewing, distributing or copying of materials on its sites made available to the public, including indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
This Utah Department of Health web site is designed for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you suspect you have a health problem, contact your health care provider. The State does not represent or endorse the accuracy, currency, or reliability of any of the information, content, products, or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded, or accessed from the Utah Department of Health web site. In certain parts of this web site “hypertext links” may be provided to web sites not under the control of the State. These sites are presented for reference and educational purposes only with the same limitations. Certain parts of the Utah Department of Health web site are designed expressly for youth and children to use. The Utah Department of Health recommends that parents, guardians, or other responsible adults provide direct supervision and assistance of youth Internet use
6. MONITORING OF SYSTEM; NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. All State computer systems are subject to monitoring at all time to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer system’s operation and information contained, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter and investigate violations of law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this public computer system.
7. UTAH LAW AND JURISDICTION. The materials are provided for public use on computer systems located within the State of Utah and for the use and benefit of citizens of Utah. Any person choosing to use this system or seeking access to information or materials on this system is subject to Utah jurisdiction. Any dispute arising therefrom shall be decided under the laws and in the courts in Utah.
This page last updated 1/22/1999 – This Disclaimer was approved by Department Counsel, January, 1999.